Bar, Bat, B’Not and B’Nai Mitzvah Planning
We start by listening and asking relevant questions. We want to hear all about you and your child, your ideas, your priorities. We want to get to know you and your family. From there, we guide you through our custom, step-by-step planning and design process in a comfortable, manageable way that makes sense for you and with you. We utilize our experience, knowledge and relationships to craft your celebration and build the very best team for your child’s coming of age. The results are collaborative, authentic, thoughtfully designed, graciously detailed and well executed all with you, your guests (no matter their age) and your goals in mind
Bar and Bat Mitzvahs are a coming-of-age and an opportunity to celebrate commitment, dedication, hard work and tradition. We also know these celebrations bring all generations together under one roof. We are masters at infusing your Simcah with a connected sense of style and engagement for the youngest guests to grandparents. We are known for blending youthful trends with time-honored traditions, all punctuated with individual details unique to you and your family. We create intentional and realistic big picture vision with unexpected, quality details and surprises for one-of-a-kind results.
Receive our Free 2019 Wedding Trends
We aim to ensure our clients, their guests, vendor partners and everyone our celebrations touch, receives a positive, supportive and meaningful experience. We consider every element and how it may impact that experience. From the welcome amenities and the thoughtfully worded invitation to the load in schedule and the placement of each fork and flower. Each element is crafted with meaningful intention.
In addition to serving as your Bar or Bat Mitzvah planner, we also serve as your day of coordination leader and logistics manager. We believe seamless execution is as equally important as your visual story. Leaving nothing to chance, we commit as much time to drafting timelines and renderings, managing the flow, calculating to-scale floor plans, engaging in conversations with your vendor team and managing your details as we do designing mood boards, creating color palettes and scheduling linen showings and catering tastings.
Customized Design Packages
If you want our team at JL Original Designs to handle everything from event styling to stationery for your child or children’s big day, then our custom design package is right for you. Our design team will assist with:
- Decor: We provide a full selection of decor, including linens, floral arrangements, furniture, dance floors, and more, to help you achieve the look and feel you’re going for.
- Event styling: Our event design team will assist you with design and styling for the event, cultivating a cohesive look and getting everything in place to transform your event space for the big day.
- Stationery: Our graphic design team assists with design and production of all the stationery needed for the event, from save-the-dates and invitations to place cards and menus.
- Accessories and extra events: Beyond the event or event day itself, our design team can help coordinate your style throughout surrounding events, such as bridal showers, event brunches, rehearsal dinners, and bridal party gifts. We’ll work to ensure you have a beautiful, cohesive style that speaks to your vision for your celebration.
In addition to this comprehensive design service, we provide the day-of coordination and staffing to ensure your Child’s celebration goes off without a hitch. When you sign up for this package, you can expect:
- One day-of coordinator and one day-of assistant from JL Original Designs to spend up to 14 hours at the venue assisting with the logistics of the day
- The confirmation of wedding details with vendors one month and one week prior to the event date, so you don’t have to worry about last-minute cancellations
- The preparation of a event day timeline and checklists
- A walk-through of the venue one week prior to the event date
- The transfer and setup of event decor and personal items on the event day, such as photographs, candles, centerpieces, guest books, favors, table numbers, and more.
- The maintenance and coordination of the celebration timeline, including speeches, cake cutting, the bouquet toss, and more.
- Assistance with cleanup (additional fees for cleaning and breakdown after the reception)