HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD YOU BOOK WEDDING VENDORS?Weddings are the work of a creative team of professionals all working together to make your dreams a reality. Once you determine your wedding budget , and wedding style, the ultimate step in the wedding planning process begins: hiring trustworthy, as well as reputable wedding vendors. But, who do you hire first? To help you with the process we’ve outlined the best order to book your wedding vendors. finish.
For an average engagement of 12-18 months, follow these common guidelines to hire your wedding vendors:
- 12/18 Months
- 10/8 Months
- Entertainment: DJ, Band – Music for the ceremony
- Caterer – if your venue does not provide one
- 8/6 Months
- Guest Accommodations (needed for stationery)
- Hotel block, Transportation(be careful if your wedding date is the same as Prom season book your limo asap)
- 6/4 Months
- Stylist – Hair and Make-up
- Day of Coordinator
The standard guideline above can be adjusted based on your shorter or longer wedding timeline but the order would generally stay the same. In general, you should start your vendor search early if you are getting married on a Saturday or the Sunday before a long weekend. If you are getting married on the most popular dates during the year, start your work even earlier and add a few months to the timeline above. A wedding on Friday or Sunday will give you more flexibility, options and most importantly room to stretch your budget
- Research: check out wedding vendors websites and social media.
- Do take the time to meet or at least talk with the vendors prior to hiring them.
- Ask if you are the only wedding client for your date. Some wedding vendors and venues can accommodate several events on one day.
- Make sure to read and understand all the terms on each contract prior to signing them.
- Is there any additional fees
- Record when you payment are due
- Stationery can not be ordered until all guests accommodations are confirmed
#planning #logistics #wedding #weddingplanning #engagedlife #weddingvendors #weddingpros #wheredoistart #stayonbudget #phillyweddings #photographer #videographer #djs #bands #entertainment #eventflorist #weddingstationery #weddingdecor #dayofcoordination #phleventgroup
Photo by Lovestruck pictures